NOW AVAILABLE! - The Registered Building Supply Professional (RBSP) designation stands for a basic understanding of the BSC business, needs, pressures and goals. The RBSP is a seal of approval that a brand sales representative can earn to show customers that they have studied and achieved a level of understanding of issues impacting their customer. By earning your RBSP, you will gain certified employees who can demonstrate BSC knowledge and see that return in your business goals. Click here to see the RBSP brochure
Four simple steps towards receiving your RBSP designation:
Complete the online application with the $375 certification fee for the RBSP examination. Online applications now include access to Volumes 1-7 and the Guide to Green Cleaning in e-book format. You have 365 days from the date you apply to access the e-book study materials and the online examination. If you do not complete the exam within the time limit, it will count as an automatic fail.
If you would also like hard copies of the study materials, you may order your materials online in the BSCAI Marketplace.
Log on when you are ready to take the examination. New features for online certification include:
- Examinees will have 14 days to complete all 4 sections of the RBSP exam.
- Once you begin one of the four sections of your exam, the 14 day timer begins.
- Individual sections are still timed the same as paper testing.
- Examinees do not need to take the sections in order and can choose to take one section after the other or space them out within the 14 days.
- Examinees do not need to have a proctor present.
- Results are generated automatically after each section is completed and an e-mail confirmation is sent with total results when the exam is completed.
- The exams are completely True/False and Multiple Choice.
Online testing results will be received instantly. Candidates must achieve a minimum passing score of 70% on each of the four sections on the exam. A candidate can retake any section that he/she does not pass again within one year. You can apply to retake the exam by logging into your profile and adding the reexamination to your cart. Re-examination is a $125 fee to BSCAI headquarters.
FAQ's for the RBSP Exam:
- 2/3 of examinees pass all sections during the first examination
- Practice exams are only available in first edition study materials and are intended only to ensure you covered the material in the book but not intended to replicate the look and feel of the actual exam questions.
Steps to Renew your RBSP:
- Download the re-certification form.
- Fill out the re-certification form.
- Attach payment for $125
- Pay by Check: Attach a check to the re-certification form and mail packet back to headquarters.
- Pay by Credit Card: Attach credit card confirmation receipt to a copy of the RBSP renewal form and mail packet back to headquarters
BSCAI Certification Department
330 North Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611
All RBSP’s must complete the re-certification application and submit them to the Certification and Registration department no later than June 30* of the re-registration year.
*Please note the June 30 cut-off date is consistent every year. In the event that June 30 falls on a Sunday of the recertification year - you will have until Monday to have your re-certification forms post marked.
All RBSP designees, upon reaching the age of sixty-two and who have renewed their certification at least twice, are designated for life. No further reporting is necessary other than notifying the Certification and Registration department, in writing, of meeting the age requirement.