State of M&A in the BSC Sector
Presented by: Mark Herbick, Founder and CEO, Pursant, LLC
Thursday, January 26 | 8:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
2021 was a record year for the BSC sector, as it was for most industries. But in 2022, deal volume began declining, approaching pre-pandemic levels. The challenges and uncertainties last year were many: inflation, labor shortages, rapidly rising wages, ongoing supply chain issues, rising interest rates, a recession. Facing these conditions, many business owners wonder what the best M&A strategy is going forward.
During this session, we will review the 2022 M&A environment in the middle market and BSC sector and share insights for navigating strategic transactions in 2023.
Calculate to Win
Presented by: Brian Beaulieu, CEO and Chief Economist, ITR Economics
Thursday, January 26 | 10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
The early-2023 meeting will focus on the economic landscape in 2023 and how attendees can best prepare for the challenges and ongoing uncertainties. We will present business strategies and tactics that address the projected changes in the economy and in the markets key to participants.
We will also:
- Discuss varying opportunities in key markets.
- The global impact on the US and North America.
- Analyze the labor market conditions over the next several years.
- Discuss lingering supply chain issues and ongoing pricing concerns.
- Look at ITR’s key leading indicators and what they foretell for your markets.
- Present actions that will help attendees prepare for the varying levels of inflation anticipated through the rest of the decade
- Present relevant market outlooks and discuss issues that impact your profitability via resource allocation, budgets, expectations, and strategic planning.
- Determine the potential impact of a shift in government from the midterm elections as well as the potential consequences of massive government programs.
Lessons From an Undercover Boss and Challenges in the UK Market
Presented by: Douglas Cooke, Founder and Executive Chairman, Principle Clean
Friday, January 27 | 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Doug worked as a cleaner on various sites and it was quite an experience ! Hard work ,often funny but certainly enlightening that led to various operational improvements and the move to more Daytime cleaning. Doug will outline current issues faced in the UK and what action we are taking as an Industry.
How to Build a Performance Culture
Presented by: Mike Staver, Author, Speaker, and Coach
Friday, January 27 | 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
What do you stand for? What does your company stand for? Are your values clear? Are they obvious to customers, staff, and the community? Is your company optimally positioned and differentiated by the consistent application of your vision and core values?
Most leaders and organizations are moving at such a rapid pace that taking a step back to think about these things seems like a luxury when, in fact, it couldn't be more crucial. It doesn't matter where your company and your industry stands in the growth cycle. Focusing on who you are and what you stand for is the most critical thing you can do.
Participants will learn:
- How to identify and apply their core values to their leadership
- How to align their behavior with what they say they believe
- How to be powerfully influential regardless of level of authority
- How to build accountability and improve efficiency
- How to Build a High-Performance Culture
Labor Trends: Hiring and Retaining in 2023 and Beyond
Presented by: Jill Davie, President, TEAM Software powered by WorkWave
Saturday, January 28 | 8:15 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
As the economy continues to evolve from the global pandemic, a major challenge employers face today is attracting and retaining talent. Across all regions and industries, the changing labor market is affecting employers struggling to fill open positions while keeping their most valuable resource — their workforce. Join this session to explore metrics and trends on hiring and retention in the BSC industry compared to a national level. Discover opportunities to improve employee retention and engage new hires for the long term. We will also review trends in wages across the BSC industry in light of unprecedented inflation. Leave with a better understanding of where we’re winning and losing the workforce battle and steps to move forward.
Level Up Your Life
Presented by: Keith Roberts, Author, Entrepreneur, and Keynote Speaker
Saturday, January 28 | 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Be happier, creative & more productive. Most of us have the same raw materials from the moment we take our first breath of air; what separates those who achieve more than others or those who are happier is how they use and refine those raw materials. So what are you going to do with the gift of this life? Find your way by understanding your reason for being and learn the tools, structure, and discipline to start living your best life.
- Clarity into your life purpose
- Habits proved to increase happiness & productivity
- Tools & structure to set and accomplish goals
- Leave with a roadmap to living your best life