BSCAI is working closely with The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and other partners on health and safety measures to be implemented and followed at the BSCAI 2021 Executive Management Conference. All attendees must agree to the protocols and guidelines noted below. Please contact BSCAI at email@example.com if you have any concerns. Please note the guidelines below may change prior to the Conference. Please continue to check this page for updates.
- Attendees are asked to follow relevant guidance by the CDC, WHO, state of Florida and city of Ft. Lauderdale as well as adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance.
- Prior to traveling, attendees will be asked to evaluate their own health/ that of the people they are in close contact with and to stay home if feeling sick.
- Attendees will be asked to inform BSCAI staff if feeling unwell or experiencing flu-like symptoms during the conference.
- Attendees may be required to have symptom screenings, including temperature checks before entering the meeting/event venue.
- Attendees are required to wear a mask or facial covering for entry into The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Attendees will be required to wear a mask or facial covering for entry into all BSCAI conference activities.
- Attendees will be asked to maintain social distancing whenever possible and to adhere to social distance protocols put in place by BSCAI.
- Attendees will be asked to follow preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- The hotel has streamlined its check-in process to minimize contact, and staff are supplied with CDC and WHO recommended protective equipment.
- Hotel restaurants will be open for outdoor and socially-distanced indoor dining.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed at key guest and employee entrances, as well as other public areas throughout the hotel.
- Public spaces such as elevators, business center, and meeting rooms are sanitized frequently.
*Operating status of these and other hotel facilities and services may change by the time of the event. Please visit the hotel website for the most updated information.
Important Notice re: COVID-19:
By registering for the BSCAI 2021 Executive Management Conference, you are acknowledging that any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19. By attending the BSCAI 2021 Executive Management Conference, you agree to voluntarily assume all risks of exposure to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases. On behalf of yourself your family, heirs, and personal representatives, you forever release BSCAI; The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort; SmithBucklin Corporation, and any of their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers, from and against any and all liability for any harm, injury, and damage of any nature, including serious illness and death, arising out of or related to my being exposed to, or contracting, COVID-19 or other communicable disease.
You further acknowledge that you will undertake all appropriate measures to protect your own health and well-being and those of others in attendance at BSCAI 2021 Executive Management Conference, such measures may include (a) wearing masks/facial coverings; (b) maintaining social distance; (c) and washing/sanitizing hands frequently.
You will also adhere to Centers for Disease Control Guidelines, and laws, ordinances and mandates in the locale of the conference and (d) following BSCAI’s published COVID-19 safety guidelines for the event.
What to Expect at Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on the airport and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry.
- Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of federal law; individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law.
- If individuals are not wearing masks, airport personnel will ask them to put a mask on, and if they refuse to comply, they will be escorted from the premises.
- Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted for eating or drinking; the mask must be worn when not actively consuming a meal.
- Face masks should cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides without gaps. Masks can be either manufactured or homemade and should be a solid piece of material without slits, exhalation valves, or punctures.
- Face shields and/or goggles are not an acceptable substitute for the use of a face mask but may be used in addition to an acceptable mask.
Preventative Measures at FLL:
- Placing hand sanitizers throughout the four terminals and Rental Car Center
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, elevator buttons, and door handles
- Regular cleansing of security checkpoints and restrooms
- Overnight deep cleaning of the security checkpoints, hold rooms, passenger boarding bridges, and other areas in the terminals
- Supplying airport-operated passenger and employee shuttles with sanitizing wipes
- Posting CDC preventive steps in airport restrooms on ways to help stop the spread of germs, including frequent washing of hands
- Airport public service announcement with coronavirus preventive tips and similar messaging on terminal flight information display screens