The COVID-19 Pandemic and BSCs: How Building Service Contractors are Rising to the Challenge
This our inaugural episode of BSCAI’s Contracting Conversations, we talk with BSCAI President Todd Hopkins, CBSE, and President-Elect Eric Luke, CBSE, discuss top-of-mind issues for BSCs. From PPP loans to what the future of cleaning schedules look like, Hopkins and Luke dissect the challenges BSCs are facing and give tips on what they can do to weather through them.
For additional resources related to COVID-19, please visit BSCAI’s resource page.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How BSCs immediately responded to the crisis.
- Lessons learned from COVID-19.
- The impact of increased unemployment, both during and after COVID-19.
- What PPP loans will mean for BSCs, and how BSCs are using that money.
- Dealing with customers who suspend services.
- The importance of sharing information among peers—even competitors—during this time.
- How this pandemic will highlight the importance of janitorial and sanitation companies, and of cleaning for health.
- The importance of communication with customers.
- How we move forward from here—and how we can be proactive for any future events.