With BSCAI, there’s no better way to grow and maintain your presence in the marketplace. And we’re excited to welcome you to our elite community of building service contractors. To help get you familiar with all the resources BSCAI has to offer, please refer to these sections to learn more about some key member benefits:
BSCAI hosts three in-person national events every year, each one tailored to your specific role and needs. Discover how you can take part in the BSCAI community and expand your network.
BSCAI’s largest event of the year, Contracting Success, brings together more than 600 building service contractors of all sizes and levels for unparalleled contractor-specific education (20 educational sessions, to be exact) – for BSCs, by BSCs.
You’ll also have complimentary access to North America’s largest industry-related tradeshow, ISSA/INTERCLEAN, to discover the latest products and services that are moving the industry forward.
*If you only plan to attend one BSCAI event this year, make sure it’s this one – it’s where anyone and everyone in the industry will be.
Executive Management Conference
The BSCAI Executive Management Conference attracts 275 (and growing!) building service contractor executives and senior management teams for business-focused education and networking. This team-based educational event is focused on business growth strategies, leadership coaching, managing and motivating personnel and developing effective management skills.
What do three days at the Executive Management Conference get you? A day and a half of education sessions, more than six networking opportunities and plenty of receptions.
*We’ll make it easier to bring your team. When you purchase three full conference registration, you’ll receive one free!
The BSCAI CEO Seminar attracts an exclusive group of over 150 building service contractor chief executive officers and presidents every year. This intimate event, typically held in a tropical destination in early Q1, provides CEOs and upper management the opportunity to share business practices with one another to build and strengthen their leadership skills. From succession planning to financial management, the CEO Seminar is the can’t-miss leadership event of the year.
*All attendees are allowed one guest – so bring your spouse along and make sure that you and your guest register early.
With our extensive selection of in-person and online educational opportunities and resources, you will obtain the most up-to-date industry knowledge to stay current in the building services industry.
BSCAI Knowledge Center
The Knowledge Center is your go-to resource for on-demand content tailored to your specific needs. Looking for ways to find and keep hourly employees? Strategies to grow your business? The Knowledge Center is your place for on-demand webinars, conference recordings and online courses that provide insight on all areas of your business.
Visit www.bscai.org/knowledge to view the full product list and browse by domain. Use the keyword search to find specific products, and filter products by business size and format.
Registered Building Service Manager (RBSM): By receiving the RBSM designation, individuals become part of an elite group of building service professionals widely recognized and respected in the industry. This designation demonstrates an individual’s commitment to the building service contractor community.
Certified Building Service Executive (CBSE): The CBSE designation is a symbol of accomplishment and is recognized with great respect by other building service contractors and customers throughout the industry. Professionals who achieve the CBSE have attained the highest, most exclusive designation in the industry.
Registered Building Supply Professional (RBSP): This individual certification is available to suppliers or service providers in the building service contractors industry and stands for a basic understanding of the BSC business, needs, pressures and goals. RBSP acts as a seal of approval a brand sales representative can earn to show customers that they have studied and achieved a level of understanding of issues impacting their customer.
*Get certified as a team! Discounts are offered when five or more of the same exam are purchased at one time.
Member Advisory Program
Our member advisory program offers you the opportunity to connect with other active members and become more involved – the perfect forum for receiving professional advice and direction from those that have been in your shoes.
BSCAI offers peer groups that provide you with an avenue to freely share ideas, information and opinions in a group setting. BSCAI will help match you with peers in other parts of the country and provide tools and resources to help foster a close-knit group addressing issues and growing together in the industry.
Become a Mentor
If you are looking for a one-on-one relationship with a seasoned professional in the industry, turn to BSCAI for a mentor. The program pairs you with a mentor to provide tailored advice and input to help you grow, enter new markets or simply learn what has worked for another BSCAI member.
Take advantage of the many readily available resources designed to keep you and your employees up-to-date on the latest industry trends and business strategies.
Contractor Connections Content Hub
Delivering timely and relevant information on an ongoing basis, Contractor Connections is a dynamic intelligence hub for all things building service contracting, designed to fit the day-to-day demands of BSCs like you. In this multi-faceted communications platform, you’ll find:
- BSCAI News with feature articles on the latest trends, news analysis told through the lens of experts in this industry and Q&As with BSCAI member.
- Business Insights to help you keep up-to-date on the latest industry trends through quarterly M&A reports by Pursant, links to articles and special reports from industry publications like Contracting Profits, and ongoing SmartBriefs updates, among others.
- Government Updates on the latest regulations and other government affairs issues that are impacting building service contractors, authored by BSCAI experts on government affairs.
- Industry Tips from experts on business-critical topics as marketing, HR, technology and more that you can apply to your business immediately.
The BSCAI Marketplace offers hundreds of publications, training programs and videos in subject areas such as custodial, hospital, safety, and many more! These resources will help you establish the basics of what you need to make your business successful. The BSCAI Marketplace features plenty of subject areas that you can reference and use to train and educate your staff, in addition to yourself. Plus, you can find new research reports that are complimentary for members, including:
- The Financial Benchmarking Report combines internal financial information and operational data from participating BSC companies to understand and analyze best practices in the industry to help improve financial performance.
- The Compensation Report provides detailed analysis of exempt employee compensation, including base salary, bonus, and total compensation, reported by participating BSC companies.
- The BSCAI/ISSA Building Service Contractor Benchmarking Study was initiated by BSCAI and ISSA to gather information and identify trends about building service contractor firms in the commercial cleaning industry.
- The Report On the Building Service Contractor Market was designed to target the purchasing habits and market growth of building service contractors nationwide in 2018. The Cleaning Costs & Frequencies Report is a survey of more than 600 facilities representing a dozen facility types about their cleaning operations.
Purchase Advantage Program
We partner with the National Service Alliance (NSA) to provide you with an innovative purchasing program that features the brand name products you use every day, at affordable prices. The average member saves:
- 45% on chemicals
- 48% on paper
- 50% on liners
- 65% on office supplies
*Activate your PAP account in two clicks at advantage.bscai.org.
Affinity Partners Program
BSCAI has partnered with leading providers to provide discounts on services you need to stay competitive, help your employees and increase your back-office efficiency. Save on services in the areas of Training & Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Insurance, Business Solutions and Technology.
View the list of programs and providers and get started today!
- BSCAI Background Checks provide comprehensive background screening services.
- Affinity HR Group is a team of experts who can provide assistance with federal and state compliance, developing effective pay and incentive bonus programs, communicating effectively with employees, pre-employment screening and testing, recruiting top notch staff and more!
- EPAY Systems is a leading SaaS provider of integrated human capital management technology designed to help building service contractors efficiently manage, track and pay their workforce.
- HomeAdvisor is the nation’s leading online marketplace connecting consumers with prescreened and customerrated commercial and home service professionals. TheJanitorialStore.com is an online community for cleaning business owners and those in the industry considering starting their own cleaning business.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance offers you a range of commercial insurance offerings tailored to the unique needs of the ever-changing building service contracting industry.
- Paperless ProposalTM is a web-based online proposal software for sales, management and marketing.
- RainMaker Sales Support can be your sales partner and provide you with call center support for all parts of your sales process.
- Sprint provides customers with a single source for all wireless and data needs.
- Sunbelt Rentals® provides you with a discount on equipment rentals plus 24/7 customer service, after-hours emergency response, safety training and comprehensive preventive maintenance.
- TNG Insurance Services offers you and your employees an affordable, flexible and customizable medical insurance plan.
- Whil is the leading digital training platform for mindfulness, yoga, and leadership.
- YRC Freight provides you with comprehensive regional and national coverage, including Mexico, Puerto Rico and the most extensive interCanada service.
- ChronoTek provides discounted pricing on web based real time telephone timekeeping which tracks employee time and attendance. Additional benefits include discounts based on NSA purchases as a whole, free trial, emergency support and more.
- Dell Computers has continued to shape the industry by breaking new ground and pioneering critical developments in home, small business and enterprise computing and remains an unwavering commitment to deliver new and better solutions that directly address customer needs.
- Kleancast will help you learn to find, hire, train and retain the employees to perform services as well as help you fine tune your operations, ensure that your operations are green and sustainable, set up the most efficient administration process and streamline purchasing among other programs.
- Markit Promotions provides a worldwide selection of leading-edge products to give you the best in customized promotional solutions.
- TEAM Software has grown to provide a host of intuitive software solutions, ensuring that building service contractors remain competitive, including bidding and estimating, accounting modules, customer self-service, consulting and more.
- TSC Marketing provides creative branding solutions with a philosophy based on creative ideas, quality products, competitive pricing, and dedicated customer service.
- The Janitorial Store will help develop your employees into a productive members of the workforce, and strong leaders allowing them to pursue their purpose in life.
- Staples BSCAI has its very own dedicated Staples Team. Make sure you're logged in to obtain discount information.
BSCAI's iBuy Program
The BSCAI iBuy program connects you directly with iBuy partners to take advantage of the simplicity of online purchases. Browse online inventory, read reviews, see photos, video and specs and add material to your cart as you go.
Similar to other online shopping experiences, you select what you want, place your online order and the material will be shipped direct to your door. We’ll connect you directly to our iBuy partners with special discounted pricing for members built into the shopping experience. Browse at your leisure, buy what you need, when you need it.
Login to the BSCAI website with your online credentials and learn how to start saving right away.
BSCAI Job Board
BSCAI’s Job Board allows employers to reach the most qualified candidates and only pay for the resumes that interest you.
- Reach the most qualified candidates by posting your job on our online Career Center
- Check out our resumes and only pay for the ones that interest you
- Take advantage of our recruitment product, regardless of your staffing needs or budget
- Access your Employer account to manage your online recruitment