The BSCAI CLEAN Awards demonstrate the best in excellence among different BSCs and categories. From new members to business leadership, all forms of distinction are recognized. Take a look at past award winners who have demonstrated their excellence among these criteria.
The BSCAI CLEAN Awards have gone digital! Follow the instructions below to submit an entry online. Must be a BSCAI member at the time of entry to qualify. Nominations will close Friday, June 30, 2017.
How to submit an entry online:
1. Login or create a user profile here.
2. Navigate to your "User Profile". (Membership > User Profile)
3. Locate "Awards & Competitions" on the lower, right-hand side of the page.
4. Click "View Open Competitions".
5. Select "View" then "Submit an Entry" for all the categories for which you and/or your company are eligible.
The deadline to submit an entry is Friday, June 30, 2017.
New in 2017: BSCAI Cleaning for Health® Award
The purpose of the Cleaning for Health Award is to recognize BSCAI Building Service Contractors that have Cleaning for Health programs. Cleaning for Health is a cleaning regimen that helps reduce the levels of allergens and asthma triggers in the indoor environment. A Cleaning for Health program consists of policies, procedures and training that emphasizes the impact on the health of building occupants and staff. It includes equipment that reduces building contaminants and minimizes environmental impact.
1. The Official Rules governing this promotion and the Award may be accessed here. By submitting an application, you agree to be legally bound by all of the terms and conditions of the official rules.
2. The BSCAI’s ProTeam® Cleaning For Health® Award competition (the “Award”) is open to all Professional, Affiliate and Franchisor members of the Building Service Contractors Association International (“BSCAI”).
3. The application must be delivered by the official deadline. Applications must be based upon activity during the current calendar year. Previous year winner is not eligible.
4. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE. Selection of the Cleaning for Health Award will be made by an independent panel of judges on the basis of the above criterial. The decision of the judges is final.
1. The Award will recognize outstanding achievement by a commercial building services company in the implementation and promotion of healthy cleaning practices and in the advancement of healthy building service program benefits.
2. Applicant must submit a short statement why applicant should be selected for this award. The statement may include copies of certifications, approvals and equivalent documentation.
3. Criteria considered include, without limitation, the following:
- The applicant’s use of cleaning equipment approved or otherwise rated by a third party, such as The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI), in regard to the equipment’s soil removal effectiveness, minimization of respirable emissions, dust containment, and the reduction of allergens, asthma triggers, and pollutants in the indoor environment, and similar measures of the performance of the equipment.
- The applicant’s use of quality management/ environmentally preferable programs for cleaning organizations such as ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS).
- The applicant’s implementation of policies and procedures that promote the reduction of allergens, asthma triggers, and pollutants in the indoor air environment.
- Employee training related to the above criteria.
4. Applicant must identify 3 current Cleaning for Health cleaned customers, including the name of each customer, contact person, email and phone number. (see online entry instructions at the top of the page)
Selection of the Cleaning for Health Award will be made by an independent panel of judges on the basis of the above criterial. The decision of the judges is final.
New Member of the Year Award
2015 Award Winner: CleanOffice, Inc.
BSCAI will recognize a new member company who has exhibited active participation in BSCAI through their committee involvement, event attendance, participation in the certification program, regional event attendance and an overall positive impact on BSCAI.
James E. Purcell Leadership Award
2015 Award Winner: Yasser Youssef, The Budd Group
The James E. Purcell Leadership Award is the most prestigious award presented each year by BSCAI. It is given in recognition of long-term service to both the Association and the building service contracting industry. James E. Purcell was BSCAI's founder and first President serving from 1965-1967. The previous year's BSCAI President will be honored with this award at the Annual Convention.
Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service
2015 Award Winner: Michael Knight, Better World Consulting
The Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service is presented to the BSCAI member who has made outstanding contributions in furthering the programs and image of the association and the building service contracting industry. Current members of the BSCAI Board of Directors are not eligible to receive this award. Nominees are submitted to the BSCAI Awards Committee and to the BSCAI Board of Directors for selection and approval.
Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award
2015 Award Winner: Vonachen Services, Inc.
This award recognizes companies for their volunteer effort for charities and the community. The winner will receive a crystal award that can be prominently displayed in their lobby, and BSCAI will make a cash donation to a charity of the winner's choice.
Building Service Employee of the Year Award
2015 Award Winner: Mary Saenz, 4M Building Solutions
The Building Service Employee of the Year Award honors that building service contracting employee whose job performance, civic involvement and family role best exemplify qualities found in superior custodial employees. The Building Service Employee of the Year Award winner will be invited to receive the award at the convention’s opening general session.
The winner of the award will also receive a round-trip coach airfare to the convention and $1,000, a handsome plaque, and a medallion.
Industry Service Award
2015 Award Winner: Kärcher North America
The Industry Service Award is presented in recognition of long-term service to the Association by a company not engaged in building service contracting.
2015 Award Winners:
Beachland Cleaning Service
CBN Building Maintenance
Flair Building Services
Pioneer Building Services
Cavalier Services, Inc.
Saber Building Services, Inc.
Aetna Integrated Services
Enviro-Clean Building Maintenance Services
Magic Mist Services Limited
4M Building Solutions
Vonachen Services, Inc.
As part of BSCAI's on-going effort to promote safety throughout the Association and industry, BSCAI invites entries for its Safety Awards Competition. As in previous years, BSCAI's Safety Awards will be given to the companies with the best safety records, and plaques will be presented to winners at the annual convention.
2015 Award Winners:
Bryco Services, Inc.
Janico Building Services
4M Building Solutions
BSCAI recognizes companies that have excelled in enhancing the image of their businesses. Winners receive a plaque presented at the annual convention and winning entries will be displayed at the convention. This competition will recognize one winner in each of the three size categories as the industry's best in overall 'company image'. Winners will be chosen from any of the following categories:
- Marketing Piece
- Employee Newsletter
- Company Uniform
- Promotional Item
- Social Media Campaign
- Company Website