Continuing education is essential in order to maintain professionalism in any business practice. Therefore, as an RBSM, you are required to demonstrate your continuing education efforts.
Each Registered Building Service Manager (RBSM) is required to submit a completed Knowledge Review examination every two years to maintain the RBSM designation.
Steps to Renew Your RBSM:
- Click here to retrieve a copy of the RBSM Knowledge Review and Application.
- Fill out the RBSM Knowledge Review and Application.
- Attach payment for $75
- Pay by Check: attach a check to the Knowledge Review Exam and mail packet back to headquarters.
- Pay by Credit Card: attach credit card confirmation receipt to the Knowledge Review Exam and mail packet back to headquarters.
- BSCAI Certification Department
330 North Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611
All RBSM’s must complete the examination and re-registration application and submit them to the Certification and Registration department with payment no later than June 15 of the re-registration year.
All RBSM designees, upon reaching the age of sixty-two and who have renewed their designation at least three times, are designated for life. For example, someone who became certified in 2002 and recertified in the years 2004, 2006 and 2008, would be eligible for lifetime certification in 2010. No further reporting or payment is required is necessary other than notifying the Certification department in writing of meeting the age requirement.