BSCAI's Registered Building Service Manager (RBSM) designation is the most prestigious symbol of excellence for building service contracting personnel.
Only building service professionals who demonstrate the desire to excel, the dedication to serve, and proven industry competence will be awarded this designation of achievement. RBSM ... the designation you see more and more every time you read the name of an industry peer. Isn't it time to demonstrate YOUR commitment to excellence? By earning the Registered Building Service Manager (RBSM) designation, you'll become part of an elite group of building service professionals, worldwide - and the rewards to your company will be plentiful.
Learn more. View, print and share the RBSM Brochure.
Thank you to our 2014 Certification Sponsors
4 Simple Steps Towards Receiving your RBSM Designation:
Complete the online application with the $175 certification fee for the RBSM examination
Order your study materials online at the BSCAI Marketplace.
Schedule your examination in one of the following ways:
- In conjunction with a 2014 BSCAI Event:
- Obtain a proctor in your hometown.
- Contact a local elementary school, high school, college or university and requesting a certified educator to be present and serve as a proctor and administer the full-day examination.
- BSCAI REQUIRES THAT THE PROCTOR BE A PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR WHO IS NOT EMPLOYED AS A BUILDING SERVICE CONTRACTOR INDUSTRY.
- BSCAI REQUIRES THAT THE PROCTOR HAVE NO RELATION PROFESSIONALLY OR PERSONALLY WITH THE INDIVIDUAL TAKING THE TEST OR WITH THE INDIVIDUAL'S COMPANY.
- Notify email@example.com at least 30 days in advance or your scheduled exam date with the following information - Examinee Name, Test Date, Proctor Name, Proctor Place of Employment (Educational Facility), Proctor Address, Proctor Email and Proctor Phone.
- The examination will be forwarded directly to the proctor in advance of the examination date and returned by the proctor directly to BSCAI headquarters for grading.
Allow 6 – 8 weeks to receive your exam results. Candidates must achieve a minimum passing score of 70% on each section (there are four) of the exam. A candidate can retake any section that he/she does not pass gain within one year. Simply fill out and return the RBSM re-examination form along with the $75 fee to BSCAI headquarters.
FAQ's for the RBSM Exam:
- 2/3 of examinees pass all four sections during the first examination
- Practice exams are intended only to ensure you covered the material in the book but not intended to replicate the look and feel of the actual exam questions.
- The RBSM is an all-day exam lasting from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. with lunch and restroom breaks built in.
- There are four sections with the following topics & number of questions:
- Part 1: Hard Floors, Metal Surfaces, Carpets, Fabric Cleaning - 113 questions
- Part 2: Chemicals & Chemistry, Restroom Cleaning, General Technology, Safety, Green Cleaning - 185 questions
- Part 3: Security, Insurance & Legal, Unions, Quality Control, Communications, Customer Relations, Basic Math - 191 questions
- Part 4: Personnel Management, General Management - 244 questions